Ocean City Update
Updated on May 16, 2017
- Sandpiper Energy has introduced natural gas into Area 1 of Ocean City and is currently in the process of converting these customers.
- Through the end of May, approximately 200 conversions of Area 1 of Ocean City will take place. Of these conversions, approximately 50 are commercial restaurants.
- To accommodate the visitor season, Sandpiper Energy’s construction process is on hold throughout the summer months and will resume in autumn of 2017.
- There are over 3,500 accounts in Ocean City to be converted to natural gas. We anticipate the full conversion will take a few years.
- When Ocean City is fully switched to natural gas, over 3 million gallons of propane will be displaced, reducing CO2 emissions the equivalent of taking 500 cars off the road.
- Efficiently delivering natural gas via underground distribution will also eliminate transport truck deliveries, which average approximately one per day.
Safety is always Sandpiper Energy’s first priority. Thank you to our customers and community for your support during this ongoing process. We hope you enjoy the summer as we take this seasonal break in construction. For updates on when the conversion process will start up again in Ocean City, check back in September.
At this time, the following areas are scheduled for conversion. Click here to view which areas are next in line for conversion.
AREA 1: Spring 2017 – New customers are on line — more to come this year!
AREA 2: 2017
AREA 3: 2017
AREA 4: Schedule yet to be determined
AREA 5: Schedule yet to be determined
AREA 6: Schedule yet to be determined
AREA 7: Schedule yet to be determined
AREA 8: Schedule yet to be determined